Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Is It Just Me? . . .

or maybe it's because I've gotten older and more cynical but I just don't care about Jon and Kate!! I feel sorry for their 8 children (now, in my opinion, THAT was a mistake from the start but it's their life) but I absolutely don't care about them.

I have to admit that I've never seen the show - in fact I try very hard not to see anything that either of them is on but I have occasionally seen one or both on the "news" (we are desperate for things that pass as news in a 24 hour news cycle aren't we?!!). Why anyone would want to play out their lives in front of cameras is beyond me.

One of my favorite movies is American President - and there's a line in there where the President (Michael Douglas) says - 'these are serious times and we need serious people' - well that's certainly true now too - and I don't think that anyone on "reality TV" should or could be considered seriously (at least I can't take them seriously)!!

(caveat: there are some shows that are considered "reality" shows that have (in my opinion) more merit - I do watch Parking Wars - now THAT's entertainment!!)

Ok - off the soap box and back to the mundane!!

No comments: