Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend Reflections . . .

News from Florida continues to be positive - the relief is almost overwhelming - and the situation certainly puts the rest of my life (and problems) into perspective.  My family is what's important - my brother, my sons, the other important people in my and their lives - those are the critical things. 

Budget woes at work, staffing changes, management problems - all are problems and all require time, energy and work but compared to my brother's life they're manageable problems.  I don't want anyone from my place of work to have to leave - unfortunately I didn't make the decision, I just have to live with it.  I'm happy that none of my co-workers will lose their jobs - but I'm certainly going to miss them - a lot. I think the faster we find out the results of the surveys, movements, etc. the better we'll all be - uncertainty is what is so hard to deal with - knowing lets you plan and prepare. 

Changes aren't easy - even when it turns out that the change truly was a positive event.  We'll all get through this process, growing pains and all!

No comments: