Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Once a Manager - Never Again!!

Well - my career as a library manager is over.  It was interesting and, I must admit, fun.  There were parts that weren't fun or even enjoyable but for the most part I had a agood time and learned a great deal.  It's a lot harder than it looks!  For 3 1/2 months I feel that I haven't been in the building at all - there were weeks I didn't work my regular schedule at all - and so much of my work was falling by the wayside - but somehow it all got done (at least no one has come asking for something that wasn't done!!). 

In the meantime, we're settling in with our new manager.  Things will be different but I know we'll be fine and do well.  In October we'll be celebrating our 5th anniversary in the "new" building - have to get started on planning our party! 

No comments: