Sunday, August 30, 2009

End of an Era?

It's sad to think that I've seen the last Kennedy brother's funeral. 

I was in school when the Principal came over the PA system (just before school was out) and said that President Kennedy had been shot in Texas.  He asked us to pray for the President.  When I went out to the bus (I was a bus patrol) the bus driver said that the President was dead - I didn't want to believe her but it was true.

A few (very few) years later I learned on the news that Bobby was killed in California.  I was working the summer between college semesters and found out when I listened to the news.

Now Teddy - it wasn't unexpected but still sad - it was very sad to see his sister, sister-in-law and wife during the service. 

Arlington is a beautiful place - I remember visiting the President's grave before it became a huge granite place - it was a simple grave with a white picket fence around it - and the flame. 

I'll be making a trip to Arlington in the near future - lots of MY people to visit there - maybe I'll stop by and visit the Kennedy brothers.

No comments: