Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Medical Procedures . . .

I'm on the 5 year plan for colonoscopy screenings - and today was the third of my "procedures".   Each time the prep has been a little different - this time was actually not too bad - except that magnesium citrate has a horrible aftertaste and I don't like Gaterade (the prep required 2 32 oz bottles of Gaterade mixed with 4 ozs each of Miralax, each quart to be drunk within an hour) and after this I don't like it any better.

But apparently all worked as it should because I was back home by 9:30 (with a biscuit!) and napping by 10!!  Another nap about 2 and I'm all caught up on my sleeping!

PS - the first appointment is a good one for getting things overwith BUT you have to get up VERY early because the last of the prep has to be done 4 hours before your procedure - that meant I was up just before 4 a.m. - luckily there was a show on the DVR!!

All done for another 5 years - with a recommendation for a high-fiber diet!! 

No comments: