Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Reflections

I used to think all Moms wanted everything just right for their kids - and worked hard to make sure that it was - and I know that there were times I felt that I hadn't done all that I could have.  (This isn't the "helicopter Mom syndrome" where the child doesn't get to make any mistakes or anything - but the desire to have your kids happy and well-adjusted.)  Then I read news stories about Moms killing their children, often for no apparent reason.

I can't imagine - I'd rather take the pain myself any day than have one of my children hurt or in pain. To actually cause them physical pain or take their life is beyond my wildest imagination.  Life is so very strange and it's getting stranger (or so it seems) the older I get.

On a side note:  I was at a meeting this week talking about Envision 2040 - 28 years from now - it's very hard to imagine since there's a very real possibility that I won't be here then!

No comments: