Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mini vacay this week

It's been a wonderful week off (well one week minus one day) and I've enjoyed the time although, as usual, I over-estimated the work I would get done.  I've gotten Thanksgiving planned and ready to go; I've gotten laundry done and have worked through a cold - unfortunately Bry got a cold too so both of us have been under the weather all week.  (Luckily there was a 10 for $10 sale on soup so I was able to make sure we had plenty to tide us over! :) )

I'm finding that, as I get older (wiser?) and closer to the idea of retirement, I'm not missing work as I used to when I took off.  When the kids were little, our vacations were usually traveling to family so there wasn't time to think, but later, when I took time off (particularly when I wasn't actually going somewhere) it was harder to disconnect.  Not so much any more.  I did check email (about twice this week) but other than that - nada!

Oh well - on to next week and Thanksgiving!


No comments: