Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

It's Thanksgiving eve and all is well - and I have so much to be thankful for this year.

Starting with the simple things - dinner will be good tomorrow - turkey, potatoes, dressing, rolls, shrimp, salad, peas, cranberry sauce and, of course, pies.  It will be nice to have dinner together.

My family is growing - my niece has a new baby boy and my other niece is due in early 2013.  Babies are such joy and fun and I'm enjoying seeing Nathan's pictures.

My sons are well - despite a small setback for B earlier this fall, he's doing well and continuing with his education.  S is well also (although I don't hear from him as often as I might like, I know he's well). I'm healthy and enjoying my life.  I get to go to plays at the Kennedy Center and hope to plan a true vacation for 2013.  My job is doing well and I'm looking forward to retirement in a few years.

I'm still working on my house and things are progressing nicely - there's always something that needs to be done but I'm thankful for what's been accomplished and hopeful about will be done in the future.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with family and friends - and that the upcoming year is wonderful.

No comments: