Tuesday, May 21, 2019

May 2019

Wow - I've been remiss in not posting more often in the past year - but, then again, things have been going fairly well!

It's been over a year since chemotherapy ended and my surgery (March and April 2018) and, in July, it will be a year since radiation ended.  Milestones!  I will admit to feeling relieved when I was finally able to "ring the bell" when I had my last radiation treatment!  They weren't horrible (only lasted about 10 minutes) but the fact that "treatments" were over was amazing!

In the months that followed, I've had good reports from my oncologist, surgeon and radiologist - the only down side is that I must take medication daily for the next 7 years.  One side effect of this medicine is bone loss and joint/bone pain.  Since my bone density showed osteoporosis, that means I'm also taking a weekly pill to boost my bones!  Another effect is weight gain and I'm fighting that as best I can.  Losing 60 pounds was painful yet a silver lining to the chemo cloud and, although about 10 pounds are back on (😦) most of the weight is still off and the "new" clothes I had to get still fit!

I'm doing more around the house, engaging more with friends and family and generally having a good time.  My Life Is Good!


No comments: