Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rainy Florida

A second rainy day in Florida but, in many ways, it matches my mood. I'm not depressed but I am sad. We've been through every drawer and all the closets. The poor trashman should have gotten a hernia from all the bags and bags of "stuff" that we threw out. Nothing that mattered to us but the kinds of things that are "special" to the person saving them (even if they're not seen again after they're put in the drawer!).

I've made a vow (to myself and again) to go home and do this kind of cleaning on my "stuff" so that my children don't have to do it later. We did get rid of a lot when we emptied the kitchen and family room for the re-do but there's a lot more there. SIGH

I took Mom's dishes and some "special" plates to UPS to be shipped today. There are a lot of pictures too - I'm hoping (planning) to get them all scanned with some notations about who the people are (if I know) and put on a DVD. That will make them more accessible (I hope) and I'll make copies for family.

No comments: