Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Julie/Julia

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this movie - it sounds interesting!  I've used some of Julia's recipes and they AREN'T easy!  Delicious but not easy!

I made her "Turkey Orloff" recipe - made it for the first time for a wardroom dinner party (about 20 people).  It took a couple of days to make it - it required chopping 3 lbs of onions, 3 lbs of mushrooms (I doubled the recipe) and then the rest of the preparations.  It made 2 large casseroles of thinly sliced turkey cutlets sauted in butter (of course) and layed with mushrooms, onions and rice.  There was, of course  :-) a rich sauce.

Everyone loved the dish - in fact the guys waited at the oven for the second casserole to come out!!  A large salad, crusty bread and this casserole - YUM!

I don't think I'll attempt to cook many more of Julia's recipes - I honestly don't do that much cooking anymore and really focus on the comfort foods - but the movie should be good!

No comments: