Tuesday, September 8, 2009

President Obama's Speech to School Children

Since I was home, I decided to watch the President's speech - because I really did want to see how telling children to stay in school and have some responsibility for their lives would translate into brainwashing.

The speech was good - if it had been given by any of the Presidents who were in office while I was in school I know that the entire school would have been in the auditorium to hear it.  My parents were Republicans but they wouldn't have thought to keep their children from hearing any President - including the ones they didn't agree with politically.  Civility goes a long way in the world - fear and panic only lead to more fear and panic. 

As for the speech - the old rhyme went "sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me" - while that's not totally true (words do wound deeply), listening to the President of the United States won't hurt any child.

It's time the children of America were told to be responsible for their actions.

No comments: