Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year's Eve eve

New Year's Eve eve - and 2011 is winding down.  I, for one, am happy about that - it's been an unusual and stressful year and I'm happy to see it leave.

It's definitely going out with a bang!  I've been cleaning and moving and re-arranging to beat the band!  Bryan has been a huge help (couldn't have done it without him) - and we've managed to move his bedroom to the front room, leaving the one in the back for an office/study area for him.  There's still some things to be swept up/discarded in there but the bedroom is up and running!  Got a new dresser for the front room - looks good and holds the TV and various pieces of equipment.  Boy was it heavy getting it upstairs!

Today I went and picked up a sideboard that I've been eyeing for some time.  Talk about heavy!!  But we got it in the house and in the dining room - after a lot of sorting of assorted papers and "stuff" that mysteriously (!) appeared there!  Now my mother's china is all put away and no longer is any of it in the living room.  The portrait of the boys is hanging above it - looks good!  Still papers and other things to sort through (piled on the dining table right now) and there are three bags/boxes of papers to throw in the recycle bin (luckily it was emptied today!).

Looking forward to having the cleaning and sorting done - and have a list of projects for 2012 - moving forward isn't always easy and often takes me longer than I'd like - but I'm moving and it feels good!

No comments: