Sunday, February 19, 2012

Interesting . . .

Sometimes news comes from unexpected places and is surprising enough to take your breath away - at least for a minute (or hour) or two.

But, in the end, rationality comes back and reminds you that it's ok and you're ok - just another reminder that things happen for a purpose even when you can't see the purpose clearly - and you're stronger, calmer and actually happier.  Good living is its own best revenge or so I've heard - all I know is that for me, going forward is just the way it has to be and it hasn't been a difficult road because I have great support.

I read recently:   I think the only way to move on is to forgive. Talk about the hardest thing in the world!!! It is easy to forgive people you like, but to forgive someone who has betrayed you deeply and doesn't even care - you feel like why bother! I'll tell you why - for yourself. Until you forgive them, you will not be able to move on.


Now, the forgiving part is not instant. It is not something that you can just wake up one day and say okay, I forgive them, all the anger and resentment is gone. You make the decision that way, but you have to remind yourself that you have forgiven them when the hard feelings swell up. Keep telling yourself that you forgive them, pray to forgive them, and eventually you will realize that you mean it and that you really do forgive them.

No comments: