Monday, May 21, 2012

a week off work to work at home!

This is my "birthday" leave - combined with four more days to give me a week off - and have I got plans for it!  Today was probably my slowest day - but I did do somethings!  I ordered a small occasional table from the unfinished furniture store (after checking Target & Walmart with no luck); chopped the bush back into submission and hacked the weeds down (waiting for fall for planting out front I guess); renewed my subscription to the Kennedy Center (lots of money but I can give back tickets I won't use and take friends with me occasionally and I like going!); ordered a small (10 yard) dumpster to be delivered Wednesday!!

That's when the real work begins - basically throwing all the boxes and "stuff" that's been sitting around into the dumpster!  It's here for 14 days (maximum) so I should be able to do it in parts because I'm sure that throwing some things away will open up more stuff that's been hidden for a while!  At the very least it will give me a lot more space and room to move the rest of the stuff around!

After the dumpster, I think I'm going to call Salvation Army or Goodwill to come get some other stuff (an entertainment unit that I'll never use again, a bed frame that I love but don't have any place for anymore).  Someone will get some use from them I'm sure!

No comments: