Thursday, April 11, 2013

lots of exercise

The past two days I've had LOTS of exercise - we're moving books at work and a co-worker and I took on the bulk of the task.  First I moved all the non-fiction a/v (audio books and DVDs) to free up some space (that took about an hour to get them all moved), then she and I went to work moving the science fiction so that we could inter-file them with the regular adult fiction.  During that process she and another co-worker moved the International Language Collection and the Adult Graphic Novels.  Finally we began shifting the adult fiction while interfiling the science fiction.

We worked about two hours straight and got a lot done - today we finished interfiling the sci-fi and I finished shifting the fiction to fill the space opened by moving the ILC and Graphics - another two hours!  (and I did my usual stationary bike exercise!)

We're going to enlist more help next week when we start inter-filing the mysteries.  And we're going to move the fiction audio books - lots of changes coming at my place of work and it's a great feeling of accomplishment (and exhaustion) doing this kind of work again!!

No comments: