Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

I like Halloween - at least I always thought it was one of my favorite holidays - along with Thanksgiving (which is now my favorite holiday) because it was fun to dress up (not too elaborate) and run around the neighborhood like a gang of hoodlums after dark and get bags and bags of candy!!

Now I must say that I find myself pleased that it's my night to work - I won't get home until the sanctioned Halloween time is over! I did remember to turn off outside lights before I came to work! I'm sure it's age - but this holiday just doesn't seem as much fun anymore!!

But in case Halloween is one of YOUR favorite holidays!

BOO!!

In case anyone's wondering - I'm cleverly disguised as a mature adult!! No one will ever figure that one out!!

3 comments:

Susan Marziani said...

I know what you mean about Halloween. We used to take the pillow cases around the neighborhood, without our parents in tow, and stay out way past 8pm. Just goes to show you the world we live in today.

We had a great Halloween over here. The haunted forest behind us was a bit hit (chain saws, a morgue, electric chair and the physco bathtub...)and we ran out of candy right at quitting time.

There's always next year.

Susan Marziani said...

Hey D....
It's a sad world we live in when we don't want to play anymore. I too remember running the neighborhood with a pillow and NO parents in tow, to come home hours and hours later with a huge booty. Hell gettin old, ain't it?

We had a good night here in Red Mill. The haunted forest in the cul de sac behind us was the hit of the neighborhood...complete with gallows, a physco bathtub room, morgue and an electric chair. No to mention a chainsaw too! We rant out of candy right at quitting time....good I guess.

Be good...talk to you soon.

Diane Wetterlin said...

Susan - you're absolutely right. I wasn't home so I can't say how many kids came by but there aren't many little ones that live close anymore!