Thursday, May 15, 2008

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I say - Celebrate the Small Stuff!

Example 1: Yesterday, for the first time in 10 weeks, I used BOTH my hands to brush my hair, gather it (somewhat sloppily!) into a ponytail AND twist a scrunchy around it tight enough to last for 14 hours!!

Example 2: An early meeting (before the hand swells too much) called for more notes than my poor left hand could laboriously handle - so, with brace on and a stiff thumb requiring an awkward pen position, my right hand rose to the challenge! And in the chicken scratch that resulted I actually saw shadows of my former handwriting!

World peace is still a distant dream, cancer is still uncured and gas and fuel prices continue to soar but my optimistic glass got a few drops fuller and the dim flicker at the end of what seems like an endless tunnel of aching, stiff and somewhat useless wrist got a little bit brighter. So I'm going to Sweat and Celebrate the small stuff and, hopefully, the big stuff will follow along.

Diane - now feeling that sometime in 2008 my wrist will be back to its new normal!

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

So, I just watched the season finale of NCIS and I'm still stunned. I just know that Gibbs will bring 'em all back together!
Ciao...