Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's Summer

Once again, Virginia Beach is going from Spring to Summer to early Spring! The weather over the Memorial Day weekend was absolutely beautiful - perfect temperature and sunny. Today it's hot and somewhat humid - summer weather - high 80s and sunny. Tomorrow is supposed to be 65 - after some thunderstorms roll through - back to early spring!

We're finally seeing many of our foreign student workers come to the library. In previous years, we've seen them come earlier - as much as a month earlier - but they're coming in now. It really is inspiring - I don't know that I would have ever had the courage to travel across the globe to a foreign country where I didn't speak the language well to work for 3-4 months. I'm just glad we can provide some contact for them to their friends and family back home. If only we had wireless!!

As the other area libraries calm down (somewhat) with school closing in a few weeks, we gear up for a really busy summer. I wonder how the gas problems and prices will affect the number of people who come to visit Virginia Beach and how many visitors we have coming in to use the computers. Only time will tell!

PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a good friend - I didn't forget - I'm just that way!

No comments: