Sunday, September 14, 2008

Buyer's remorse??

I got the estimate and saw the drawings for the new kitchen - beautiful - and easy to get caught up in the excitement!!  But a couple of days later and I'm wondering if I should be so daring.  Besides, in the meantime I've had to buy a new washer and dryer (not in the plans) which are being delivered tomorrow. 

The kitchen is beautiful - the cabinets lovely - a honey colored maple with tons of storage - and countertops of quartz (about the same price as some granite but easier to take care of and guaranteed!).  But floors aren't included (yet another decision) and painting and all that good stuff.  The suggestion was to take down the 1/2 wall in the kitchen (don't know yet who'd do that) and appliances - OMG I had no idea (until shopping for a new washer/dryer) that the cost of appliances had soared quite so much!

Oh well - I have some questions for the designer - and then I guess we'll move forward - but probably not until the first of the year - it takes about 6 weeks to get the cabinets/countertops and about 4 weeks for the installation and that would be between Thanksgiving and Christmas - not a particularly good time not to be able to cook!

Fingers crossed   -   decisions to be made.

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

Agreed - you don't want to be without an oven and dishwasher over the holidays - if the big eats are at your house! Sounds like it will be beautiful...now you've got me inspired. I was thinking of stripping and doing my cabinets myself...should be a good winter project, don't you think?