Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kitchens, Appliances, Air Conditioners and More

Today I got the A/C downstairs fixed - yea!! - and now all is cool and the poor little window air conditioner, which nobly picked up the slack, is silent!  Best $89 ever spent because it was able to make the entire downstairs comfortable (along with a fan) enough to wait several days for repairs.  Now they just need to come back in the next few days to fix my duct work . . . and so it goes!!

Of course, right after I'd made the appointment to get the A/C fixed, I came home to discover that the washing machine had given up the fight.  It's time has come and I'm now on the hunt for a new washer (and probably a dryer).  I know these things happen but they always seem to happen to me just when I've gotten some money together to do a major project!  Oh well, hopefully by next week I'll have a new washer & dryer (one question - to stack or to pedestal??? suggestions?) and move on to the next problem!  (One additional problem - gas dryers aren't always in stock - except for the most expensive, of course!)

Tomorrow I meet with the kitchen designer - he says he's got some good pictures and plans ready for me - ones that will make my kitchen much better.  I'm really looking forward to seeing them and then going to look for more new stuff - range, dishwasher, fridge, wine fridge??, countertops, tile.

2 comments:

Kim said...

We had to replace the A/C this year too. Same thing - we just did all those improvements to the house, spent a ton of money and boom - then we had to replace the A/C unit. So we got an A/C instead of a deck (which was the last thing on the list)

Susan Marziani said...

Isn't that all part of Murphy's Law? Can't wait to hear all about the kitchen plans next week at Macs...ciao!