Saturday, January 24, 2009

OMG - Varmints!

Last night we were wandering through the newly floored family room and kitchen with a flashlight (to see any nicks in the floor) when we noticed the Quincy man standing at the french door quivering and whining/growling. Usually he does that when there are birds outside but it was dark and even he doesn't really pay all that much attention to birds at night (and there usually aren't many out there after dark).


Don shined the flashlight out the door and caught the gleaming eyes of a LARGE raccoon!! He was sitting at the edge of the covered pool and staring at the cat (and the light). I've never seen one in the backyard before and I've been here for years. Don's convinced he's going after the frogs that are living under the pool cover - I just want to know where he's living during the day! I haven't noticed any of the neighborhood cats going under the house recently but I have noticed that the vent covers are continually being knocked out - - - I sure hope he's not living under the house!

There have been workmen under there recently so maybe he's just visiting!! Geeze - something else to worry about - - - and we all know how much I like to worry!

No comments: