Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Anonymity

There's a certain feeling of anonymity in doing an online blog - even with my name in the title of the blog and my name on the posts!

Maybe because I can write without seeing anyone and I never see anyone reading what I've written, so it's as if the reader doesn't exist and the writing is simply a cathartic expression.  A large part of that is undoubtedly because I can't believe that anyone actually does read what I write (although I have some evidence that people do!).  Could be, too, that I'm a frustrated writer who realizes that this is the closest I'll ever get to the Great American Novel or the next best selling non-fiction work!

Anyway, it IS cathartic and, although I'm not totally crazy enough to spill everything online, I enjoy getting thoughts down "on paper"!

No comments: