Thursday, August 31, 2017

Chemo - Day 1

The anticipation was more stressful than the event.  I know that things will probably get worse as treatment continues and it seems a foregone conclusion that my hair will be no longer but, on the bright side, when it grows back I may not have to color it anymore if I like the gray that it is!  I also got a great recommendation for wigs from a fellow chemo mate - so there's that too!  Hers was so realistic I didn't realize it was a wig until she said something!

Bry took me today and sat with me for part of the treatment.  In the waiting room, three wonderful library friends: Denise, Debbie and Kim came in!  It was so wonderful to see them and we laughed so hard it was impossible to be worried!  I can't thank them enough for that!  Even Bry was bent over laughing!

Once in the treatment room, the recliners are comfy - the mediport makes infusion really simple and I didn't have any trouble with any meds today.  That could change but I'm holding tough on it not! Talked with ladies on both sides and know that I'll find lots of support there and with my fantastic friends and family.  Since the hair will be going, will be getting a wig of some kind if only for the wedding - pictures of me aren't great anyway but bald - ain't gonna happen!! 😊😊😊😊

So far I've had no nausea but there's medicine for that too and additional medicine for anxiety (of which I had a bit last night so I did sleep better with chemistry!).  It's a process but it's going to be fine.

I'm going to be a survivor along with all my friends - and that's a promise!!

No comments: