Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympics - Finally

OK - I admit I finally watched some of the Olympics:  swimming (men's and women's) - simply wonderful, gymnastics all-around - beautiful, and dressage preliminaries - wonderful and the men's 100 m dash - wow!

I don't watch the Olympics much anymore - I used to and I don't know really why I don't but there you are!  Anyway, I'd exhausted my cable options (I either didn't want to see them or had already seen them several times) so there I was on NBC watching Michael, Nastia and Usain do fantastically.  Along with the Silver and Bronze metalists they were all great - and it was beautiful to watch. 

Congratulations to all the participants - Great Job!

I did get my fix (although I'd like to be able to catch the dressage finals) and I'm ready for non-Olympics again.  This week is going to be busy with meetings almost every day - but that's OK because I'll have a great time with friends one evening.  I'm really looking forward to that!!  Great talk, good nachos and wine -what more could anyone ask??

See everyone on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

I'll convert you into an Olympic's junky one of these days! See, now that was painless, wasn't it? The newspaper today called Michael Phelps the "flying fish." How appropriate. See you Wednesday.