Monday, March 30, 2009

Full day of conference today - mostly good sessions (they can't all be good!) - and unexpectedly good wireless during the convention.  Tomorrow I have to remember to take my power cords - the laptop did well after lunch but would have been even better with "juice". 

As usual, Lee Rainie (Pew Internet & American Life Project) put things into perspective with his "Then and Now" comparisons

2000
46 % of adults use the Internet
5% had broadband
50% owned cell phones
0% had wireless

2008
75% of adults use the Internet
57% have broadband
82% own cell phones
62% are wireless

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

Sorry I've been so out of touch lately. I didn't even know you went to the conference! I need to get back into the groove, back into blogging, back into geneaology, back into some projects around the house....in due time I suppose. Hey, at least I have a nice Khaki green wall! Now all I need is something to hang over the headboard and some new curtains. Oh yea - and more money!

Have fun at CIL...have a safe trip home (if you aren't already!). Can't wait for ARG night.

Ciao..