Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 - Week 1

Don't worry, this isn't going to turn into a weekly rehash of 2010 - mostly because I know I don't have the dedication or maliciousness to bore anyone, including myself, with a weekly rehash of life, work and anything else!

I don't know exactly what I expected from 2010 - after all it's a man-made number on a piece of paper and not a cosmic event (beyond the regular rotation around the sun) - but the reality of the first week is leaving me a bit underwhelmed! 

I tend to think the best of everyone - I can be sarcastic but not really cynical - and I expect (hope?) people to be good and do good for the most part.  And I don't know why I'm always surprised and disappointed when that doesn't happen - SIGH.  Peoples is funny - they're also confusing, annoying and just plain CRAZY!! (PS yes, I do include myself in "peoples" in case there was any question about that!)


I seem to be running faster and faster and yet getting further and further behind - everywhere - home, work - DOUBLE SIGH.  I'm certain that things will eventually right themselves and life will even out somewhat - but the road to that end is increasingly bumpy and I can only hope that the shocks on the vehicle going down the road are equal to the task.

Enough of week 1 - getting a bit maudlin and that's just gotta end!

No comments: