Monday, June 28, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine in a Difficult Week

This evening I was working away from my desk (and therefore away from my cell phone) for most of the time - and when I got back to my desk (and phone) I noticed I had missed a call from my brother and a voice mail.  So naturally I immediately called voice mail (because the phone book entries on my phone for my brother AND his wife are listed in his name - and on that evening 2 months ago I thought my brother was calling and it wasn't . . so I was a bit anxious when I dialed voice mail) and heard:  "Diane, it's your brother - give me a call"!!  What a fantastic message!!

When I called back he was watching a ball game with his son - our conversation was short but sweet - and it was wonderful just to talk with him.

Positive, good thoughts still going daily to Florida - he's got a long row to hoe still and is facing bypass surgery in the future - he's strong and stubborn - love you T!

The rest of the week at work is going to be BUSY - everything seems to be coming to a head on July 1 - and, although we'll get through it just fine it's causing some angst and panic!!

No comments: