Thursday, June 10, 2010

Still Waiting . . . .

Still waiting for the "new" laptop that was supposedly ordered on April 15 - makes one wonder how a corporation could stay in business if it took 2 months to fill orders on products which they produce all the time.  It would be different if the order were something special - requiring hands on individual construction  .. . .but . . . !

This is the loaner that I've been given.  It's new enough that when I go to save something it shows the folders and I can actually progress down the tree (that didn't happen with the old one - the first tier of folders would open then I would have to close the window - resave and the remaining folders would open!)  and I can have multiple windows open without the entire thing freezing - and I can change between the open windows - how early 21st century! 

This is fine for now but I'm looking forward to the new laptop with it's docking station and all.

PS Did I mention that this laptop is wireless and sees the public network easily??  :>)

No comments: