Thursday, September 14, 2017

2nd Treatment

Today my blood work was fine, I hadn't lost any weight over the week and that's good too, even though I do want to lose about 5 more pounds as safely as possible!  So treatment 2 went forward.

On a somewhat down note, I showered, washed my hair and as I was combing it out, handsfull (literally) of hair came along with the comb.  I was told it was going to happen but as late as last night, I hadn't noticed any real hair loss but WOW today!  And every time I touch it or run my fingers through it, more is gone.  Oh well - it's hair, it will grow back - eventually!  I do have a wig but don't plan on wearing it much.  I have a baseball hat a friend gave me - W.I.N.O.S (Women in Need of Sanity) that will probably get some wear and I've seen some lovely scarves and of course a cool knit hat for winter!

On a positive note: The Dr. and I agreed that the 3rd treatment is going to be pushed back a week so that I will be able to attend my son's wedding.  It would have been only two days before, with day 3 always being the most miserable day.  This way, I'll be fine, get an extra week chemo free and be able to meet, greet and enjoy - in my new wig! :) I just don't want bald pictures for their wedding!

All in all, I have whined and complained and felt blah and weak and dizzy at times but I'm OK and I'm going to be better than ever!  It's still definitely a process and the process is a production!

PS got my temporary handicapped placard today too - the plastic, laminated one will be mailed but the paper one will work until then.  Most of the time I'm able to walk without any problems, but some days it's a chore!  Will make it easier!

1 comment:

alice said...

You have such a good attitude, your an inspiration to all....Looking forward to seeing you soon...