Friday, September 8, 2017

Interim Week

It's Friday - after an eventful week of illness, sleeping and, finally, appetite and a bit of energy! Feeling good but my blood work yesterday showed that my white blood cell count was way low - I apparently have a small infection tho I'm asymptomatic so I've been given 5 days of an antibiotic to counteract that.  More blood work next Thursday prior to chemo tho I suppose if it's still a mess there might be a miss there.  I don't know if it was the news or the antibiotic or what but sleep was elusive last night so, after looking up any drug interactions between the new medicine and Xanax and finding none, I took one.  Blessed sleep!

This morning, a good friend picked me up and we went wig shopping.  If my hair is leaving and it is according to all the medical people involved, I wanted to be ready.  I don't anticipate wearing it all the time but for special occasions!  Anyway, the first place we went, the lady was so sweet - she picked out one wig and my friend picked out another.  The first (the salesperson's choice) was fine - right color but the hair was straighter than mine but looked good.  Then we tried the second one and "WOW" - it looked exactly like my own hair - curls, waves and all!  The color is lighter than it's been in a while but in the same family and I swear I've had my hair cut this way before!

When I got home, my son said - "That's perfect!  Looks like you reached in a box and pulled out your own hair!"  So I guess it's unanimous - it's a hit.  Which means no bald pictures at the upcoming wedding and I can look pretty much the way I do now!  And the saleslady (owner) also told me, if I want a change - come back and get the other one too!

I can't thank my friend enough for going with me, driving me the entire morning and for picking out the perfect wig!  Now, I need the perfect winter hat!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found a wig that you like. That's very important! --Dee Dee