Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Casts, Dust and Stuff

Now if that’s not enough to get your attention!! 1.5 weeks left on the short, lime-green cast and I’m really anxious for it to be gone! The skin on my fingers and exposed part of my hand is scaly, dry, peeling and generally yucky! I’m hoping fresh air and being able to wash will cure that! There is a silver(ish) lining to this ordeal – I haven’t bitten my fingernails since March 2 – the day of the “event”. I couldn’t reach my right hand fingers for a month but my left was available!! I just didn’t do it – and, for the first time since I was very young, I have the beginnings of real fingernails! We’ll have to see if I continue the “good” way – I want to but I’m weak!!

Dust –everywhere I look there’s dust – and I just don’t do anything about it. I can dust with my left hand – but I’m used to picking up with one hand and dusting with the other and THAT ain’t happening! Oh well – it’s not going anywhere! Maybe by my birthday I’ll be able to do more with this silly hand – I hear the physical therapy is terrible but it must be done – SIGH!

This is National Library Week and we’ve got programs galore going on – including beaded booked thongs tomorrow night – really cute and I hope we have lots of teens come make some! Ridley Pearson is coming for a lecture Thursday evening at Central Library – big doings!! The Rescue Squad next door gave us a beautiful basket of goodies for NLW – they’re always so good to us – time to start planning for their special week!

Not much going on - it was sunny and nice (cool) today - great spring day! My azaleas are almost all in bloom and look great as usual - the grass is looking better each week - it's a good time!

No comments: