Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blood, Sweat and Tears

OK - so there's no blood - but the quote's good!! There is sweat and tears though! Out of the final cast, I've been given my orders and they're proving difficult to accomplish. Make a tight fist - that one is moving along although my fingers get stiff and don't want to bend into a fist sometimes! Turn my palm upwards from the elbow - now that one is impossible right now. Palm down - ok - typing has become much easier with both hands (although with the brace on my wrist doesn't flex too well and, to be honest, isn't totally palm down - 95%! But palm up - no way. Every day I push a little more on it several times a day to move it but the best I can get is perpendicular and some days that 's painful.

I know it's only been a few days but I need to be able to accomplish these tasks in one month or I have to start physical therapy and I'd rather not! Fingers crossed (I can do that!!).

One other thing- how crazy is it to be fearful of taking a shower??!! I like showers but my arm feels so strange without anything on it for support that it's a bit scary in there! And it's still difficult because I really can't hold much or do much with that arm so my left arm doesn't get too washed! SIGH - baby steps!

No comments: