Sunday, June 24, 2012

Uncertainty

Cleo is still in the hospital.  She had 2 seizures there (the last on Saturday afternoon) so it was decided to start her on anticonvulsants.  Because they take some time to build up in the blood and she's home alone for longer periods of time, the vet recommended and I agreed to "phenobarbital loading" where she was given injections of phenobarbital (with IV fluids) to build the levels more quickly.  She'll come home Monday morning (hopefully) and be on pills.   A prescription has been called in so I'll pick that up later this afternoon.

I need to ask the vet about the puppy - I don't want to trigger more anxiety in Cleo but I'm hoping that we can go ahead - and the puppy will be kept away from her much of the time.  SIGH - when things happen they certainly happy with a vengeance!

No comments: