Saturday, October 4, 2008

Debates and more Debates

The Vice Presidential debate wasn't all I hoped it would be but it was good - Joe Biden didn't offend (is it REALLY possible to offend a professional politician?? After all Sarah Palin isn't new to politics - just politics on this level!!) and Sarah didn't fall on her sword (or her shotgun).  But give me a break with the folksy talk - I've had all the folksy I can tolerate (admitedly not much) in the past 8 years - NO MORE!  And I never realized that Alaskans talked as if they were from the upper mid-West!  I've known others from Alaska - a neighbor in Florida had just moved from Anchorage- and she didn't talk like she was from Minnesota.

SIGH

Two more debates (this Tuesday and the 15th (I think)) and we're done for this election cycle.  I promise to vote, on the local level, for anyone not currently in office and for anyone who doesn't imply or state that his/her opponent is evil, dumb, or wicked!  My list gets shorter every minute!

It's very interesting having Virginia actually "in the game" - we've actually had THE candidates here - and that rarely happens!  Hopefully we'll do the RIGHT thing and go BLUE!

No comments: