Thursday, October 23, 2008

Politics Overload

I'm really getting tired (maybe this is the price "swing" states pay that we haven't had to deal with in the past because we were never "in play" before this year) of all the political advertisements - mostly for President but some too for the House of Representatives and a few for the US Senate.

I've had a survey call from a campaign that wanted to know if I'd made a decision about who I was going to vote for - my answer was "yes" then silence.  Finally the pollster asked if I'd like to share my decision - I told her.  Then we went down the line until we got to the US House of Representatives where I had to admit that I didn't know a lot about one candidate except that he wasn't the incumbent - that mattered to me! 

I have little idea about what to do for the local elections - either City Council or School Board - guess I better get busy and read some about who's running and decide pretty soon. 

I really wish Virginia allowed early voting without reasons - I have a reason but it seems so elementary school to have to come up with an "excuse" for wanting to vote early and avoid long lines on Nov. 4.  After all, I do have to work!  Oh well, either way I'll do my civic duty gladly and keep my fingers crossed for the results! 

Now I'll just get ready for CSI (new people coming) and the Campaign Comment on Countdown!

No comments: