Friday, October 10, 2008

Done . . .

I made the inital down payment on the new kitchen today - I don't really like writing checks like that but I did it anyway!  Next Friday I have an appointment to pick out tile for the backsplash - and I need to choose a faucet - sink's done, handles are chosen. 

I guess I'll start more seriously looking for appliances - at least to figure out prices and model numbers.  I've decided my present to myself for Christmas will be a wine refrigerator - there's a perfect place for it and removing the cabinet almost paid for the cooler!! 

They'll start work in January - and it's going to take about a month - but that's not including flooring and painting and all the "smaller" details!

SIGH

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

Congrats on the new kitchen finally coming to life - and your pocketbook getting smaller! Sorry I've been out of the blogosphere for a while. With trying to get ready for my trip and Mom and bla bla bla...yes, I would like some cheese with my Whine.....take care. See you at tomorrow's meeting. S