Monday, October 6, 2008

A New Computer

Definitely wasn't on my list of things I needed or wanted right now but I've really gotten used to having a laptop!  Last night I shut down the computer (old laptop - 2 whole years old!) and all seemed fine.  Off I went to work today and, still, all seemed well.  When I got home I opened the laptop, pushed the power button - lights came on and immediately winked out!  Hummm - not good - try again - same result - BLAST!  No monitor at all - not even a flash  :-(  A quick check online and off we went to the new Best Buy down the street.  Now I have a nice new Toshiba - smaller, lighter and easier to haul around!  Spent the rest of the evening taking off all the "stuff" I didn't want and adding the stuff I did want - and configuring Outlook to get my mail for me! 

BTW - check out this Flow Chart from The Huffington Post - too funny!!

No comments: