Sunday, January 8, 2012

Just for me

Not long ago my Facebook horoscope (yea, I know! but at least I don't publish them!) said:  What was the last thing you bought/did just for yourself - not for the house, not for the children, just for you?  I had to really think about it, because I've been buying (Christmas!!) and spending on things for the house (windows, dresser, etc.) but I couldn't remember what was for me.

I do now - after a lovely time in DC at the Kennedy Center I know what was just for me - the season tickets to the theater!  Yes, I bought two - I've been doing that for YEARS - but that gives me the opportunity to spend time with friends by asking one of them to come with me!  While it may seem extravagant, the cost isn't that much spread over a year and I don't spend much money just on me - so I'm going to keep doing it as long as I can.

No comments: