Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Time flies . . .

I don't know what happened . . . but suddenly I'm the oldest person in the room!  It's a very strange feeling because, most of the time, I don't feel like I'm that much older - aside from the occasional ache and pain and I certainly can't squat down like I used to - but I don't actually feel any different.  Seems like just yesterday I was one of the youngest people in the room!

It's happened gradually (well at least I think it has) but now my boss is younger than I am; her boss is younger than I am and today I was at a meeting where, of the seven people on the team and the "special guest", I was the oldest.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that - glad I'm still around for sure; grateful that, for some, the age difference isn't huge (about 3 years); concerned that I don't feel any smarter or experienced - definitely.

Anyway, it's a fact and won't be changed - I doubt if anyone will hire older people just to make me feel better!  It's a thought but I don't think it will fly!

No comments: