Sunday, March 30, 2008

Taxes, Cooking and Misc.

Get your attention?!

Today has the potential to be a very busy day - and I'm basically a very lazy person - SIGH.

My intention was to have my taxes finished in February and, when that didn't happen, to have them done by mid-March. However, I decided to throw myself down on the porch and break my wrist instead. Thoughts of taxes flew out of my mind but now it's the end of March and I don't think the IRS will care about my wrist ordeal! I have my stuff together so I need to sit down with Turbo-Tax and get busy (but first a blog post!!).

I'm also making a pot roast for dinner. I discovered that peeling (or whacking) garlic isn't easy with one arm at a permanent 90 degree angle - nor is chopping up an onion. Luckily help was at hand and the roast got properly browned, garlicked and onioned and is now roasting away. The potatoes, carrots, celery and more onions will be added later. Since the weather today is cold and rainy, this comfort food dinner will be great! Not to mention the leftovers!

Next Sunday I'm off to Arlington and the Computers in Libraries conference. I've checked the weather forecast and, right now, it's cast friendly! Tomorrow I hope to get a new, smaller cast, but cooler weather is always better with plaster I've discovered! I always enjoy this conference and am anxious to go again!

No comments: