Monday, March 31, 2008

Another cast - another month . . .


Another trip to the doctor - another cast cut off (goodbye purple hello green . . . yes I know the picture is of a left hand!) and more x-rays. The bad news is that the wrist has shifted a little more (very slightly) from the last time 2 weeks ago. The good news is that's not all that unusual. It will probably mean that my wrist is slightly crooked (which I don't mind) and the bone will stick out a little and. as long as I have full function, that is OK.


The doctor said the only way to ensure perfect alignment is surgery & a plate. However, there are possible complications from that too. Right now, the complications from a crooked wrist and surgery are a wash - we'll see how things go!


Anyway, my long-arm cast is gone ane I have a short one, beneath my elbow. My poor elbow hasn't stretched in a month and it's a bit sore. But I now have no doubt that elbow movement affects the wrist! I haven't had this much pain since the accident! My arm now can rotate and tears come to my eyes - especially when it happens unexpectedly!


It'll get better - it will just take time - SIGH! My next appointment is in just over 3 weeks (instead of the 2 I was hoping!).

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

I had no idea you'd be in such pain with the shorter cast. That's very unfortunate. But hey, nice green color! Can't wait to see it in person. I know you're completely over this whole ordeal, aren't you? Hang in there.