Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Trees and Quincy

It's been a very long time since a young cat was in the house - and I'd totally forgotten how inquisitive and funny they are!

My old tree was beyond help and went to the dump - so it was definitely necessary to get a new one. I set it up yesterday and immediately Quincy was part of the action! He was batting at the branches and hiding underneath the tree whenever he was out of the box! (Luckily he didn't try to actually climb the tree!)

Later, when I was putting on the ornaments (not a complete job because of so much "help") he was fascinated with the dangling things! And some made noise too - how fun is that!?? It fairly put him into a frenzy - racing around the downstairs in excitment! He wanted in the ornament box - not happening - and he wanted to see everything - and I mean everything!

This morning there was a round ornament on the floor - surprise!- and Quincy was on top of the chair acting innocent! I'll have to make sure all the ornaments near the bottom are unbreakable, but since he jumps so high that might not save anything!

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

I have visions of Quincy trying to climb the tree and the whole thing crashing in on him....perfect for America's Funniest Videos. Furniture made it here and now it's a matter of putting the puzzle together and getting everything to fit. I bought more than I got rid of.