Sunday, November 18, 2007

Finding a Feed

This week we were to look at various ways to find feeds to put in our brand-new readers! I looked at Technorati and Feedster as well as the Bloglines search tool. All of them (except Feedster!) gave me new feeds - and access to new blogs. Unfortunately, Feedster is undergoing a change/upgrade and wasn't available for viewing or searching! Oh well!!

I liked the listings I got on Technorati - and the fact that, in addition to the actual blogs, it gave lists of the tags (labels) used so I could broaden or narrow my search! I haven't created an account on Technorati and don't know that I will - but it's an interesting concept!

Some of the most unusual and some of the best feeds I have found have been inside other feeds! If I find a blog or site that is of particular interest, I try to follow links located in the posts. I often find another blog or source of good/funny/interesting "stuff". I then add that to my reader! Additionally, I read the blogs of friends and they will often have links, either in their posts, or as a list on their website of sites they like to read. I will check out some of those and frequently come up with new feeds that way!!

My reading is broadened considerably and the amount of work/time that it takes is less because of feeds and readers! LOVE IT!!

No comments: