Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Election Day


Today is election day - and I almost didn't vote! It's a state election - Senate and General Assembly - and the campaigns (and ads) have been so negative and nasty that I just didn't want to participate!

Originally I said I would vote for the person who campaigned without smearing the opponent - well that wasn't possible! So I chose another tactic - I just voted against all incumbents - not always the wisest path but I wasn't happy with the way they'd been working for "me" so I decided to make a change. We'll have to see what the results are.

On a side note: I REALLY dislike campaign workers outside polling places! It's an insult! It scares me to think that our elections are determined by people who haven't done any reading or listening and who may rely on handouts as they are walking into a polling place!

Today, I kept my head down, didn't make eye contact and when offered a pamphlet, said (nicely) "No, thank you". Well you would have thought I'd spit in their faces! (Note to campaign workers - I don't want your handouts and I'M NOT DEAF - so please keep your opinions of me to yourself!) Humm - next time I should take the handout and vote against whoever is giving it! There's a thought!!

No comments: