Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cleaning

Cleaning is NOT one of my favorite things – in fact, it's something that I try to avoid whenever I can – however, I do know how to clean and can clean fairly well! I just need motivation!! In the "old days" the motivation would be family coming to visit or a ship's social gathering – but neither of those has happened for a very long time!

I did have motivation tonight though! I asked a few friends to come to dinner tomorrow – and that gave me the momentum I needed! I must admit, though, that I did think of begging off – of suggesting we go out somewhere instead – the work just seemed so much! But I didn't and I'm glad.

The whole house isn't clean or even picked up – but the main areas are and, with a quick run of the vacuum tomorrow, and a "de-hairing" of the chairs of cat hair all will be ready! We'll have a great time and my house will look fine!

Now I just have to find the motivation for upstairs!! J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay. Now I'm scared. I'd planned to host everyone at my apartment next month, but it's junky and small. I hate to retract the invitation, though...that seems rude!