Sunday, February 24, 2008

Movie Date

We went to the movies today and saw Vantage Point. It looked interesting from the previews and, in my opinion at least, lived up to it's advertising!

The premise is a bit far-fetched - not that the President could be shot - but that a double would be sent out to do a major speech for the President! I guess that might happen, but I would hate to think there are two (or more) GWBs out there somewhere!

The viewing of the situation from many viewpoints (8) was interesting and good (perhaps 8 was a bit much!) and certainly led to several twists and turns as each viewpoint gave additional information about what actually happened.

Great "cinema" - no. Good hour and 1/2 entertainment - yes! Especially if you like car chases! Gotta get me one of those cars - almost as good as the Russian cars in the Bourne movies!

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

OMG - we saw Vantage Point on Saturday! Had a double date with the neighbors next door. A lot of folks in our theater (including my neighbors) were getting quite bored with the repeat of the whole scene each time - but wasn't that the whole point of the movie? I thought it was good but came away feeling a little "let down" for some reason. Still don't know why they wanted to kidnap POTUS in the first place. Maybe I'll catch it on HBO one day and figure it all out. Love the picture of Quincy's Wanted Poster -how cute is that? Sorry my blog has been neglected. Maybe I'll get back into this weekend. Ciao...be good.