Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Potomac . . . Chesapeake . . . What's in a Name?

Well, the voting is over - the results are coming in - and it looks like Obama is a Virginia winner. I went to the polls early because of an early meeting and, for the first time in a long time, there was a line at the polls!

I did have to say which primary I was voting in - that's something new - in previous times the Republicans and Democrats had their events on different days and you could, potentially, vote in both! In fact, last time I think the Republicans had a primary and the Democrats has caucuses!

Oh well - it was good to see the people out voting - whichever way they voted! I'll be interested in seeing the details of the results for my precinct!

It is kind of fun having such attention paid to the Virginia primaries - we're usually after everything's been decided! Maybe next time the pundits will choose ONE name for the region's primaries tho - either Potomac (rather focused on Northern Virginia, Maryland & DC) or Chesapeake (the Bay!!) which is a little broader for Maryland & Virginina - not so much for DC!

Oh well - it was nice having the annoyance of campaign calls - I mean when's the last time Huckabee called me - or President Clinton either??!! - but I'll be REALLY glad when the whole election is over and we have a new President!!

PS I did predict that Huckabee would win in Virginia - and it's too close to call right now (7:37 p.m.)

update: It's now 8:33 and, at least, NBC has declared that McCain has won Virginia - but it was a VERY close race!

1 comment:

Susan Marziani said...

I personally like Potomac better only because it flows better off the tongue...whew - how many more months of campaign phone calls do we have to endure?