Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Adventures of Super Librarian - YouTube

I chose this video because I saw it at the YouTubey awards at Computers in Libraries 2007! I think that YouTube would be a great place to advertise programs or even virtual tours of the libraries. It would also be a good place for some tutorials - perhaps on RFID tagging, self-checkout etc.

I subscribe to the Common Craft videos and have registered with the Royal Channel (love those Christmas broadcasts from the Queen!!).

As with other Web 2.0 sites, tagging is important and allows the user to find videos based on keywords or subjects. I've found LOTS using Library, Library 2.0, Web 2.0 etc. Not all are worth watching but there have been some gems!

I also like this one! It's a little long - but reminiscent for those of us over 50??!



3 comments:

Carolyn said...

They just keep spinning but the video doesn't load.

Carolyn said...

Oh, duh! Gotta click. Sigh. Thanks for sharing those two views of us.

Trankuility said...

I like the Super Librarian video; it was hilarious. *smiles* I like Youtube, except when people's comments turn nasty.