Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Links & Tool Bars

My browser's bars are getting crowded! I use IE7 most of the time at home (mostly because it plays nicely with the City's web Outlook!) and I've been adding favorites to my links bar to make them easier to find (it's faster than favorites) and, while I like the tabs, I find too many of them are just annoying!

In addition to my favorite blogs & wikis (the one's I contribute to mostly!) I've added the Google Reader "subscribe" button (heaven help I would have to find an icon or copy a URL!!) and, of course, the delicious buttons - I do love having my faves all online and available wherever I go!

BTW - we discovered that the delicious buttons can be added to the browsers at work - we've been madly adding them to the "manned" computers at the help desk and the drive up window for those times we find just the right site! (I haven't tried adding the Google Reader subscribe button but I will!!) I like the fact you can share bookmarks (favorites) and see what others are saving! (I think we get to social bookmarking later in our Library 2.0 training - but I really like it and just couldn't help talking about it now!!)

AH TECHNOLOGY! Geeks are me!!

UPDATE: I was able to add the "subscribe" button from Google Reader - I'm a happy (lazy) camper now!!

2 comments:

Matthew R said...

Nice to know the delicious buttons can be added to the browser. I've been wanting to add them for awhile but afraid Comit would come a knockin'. Bummer about the Reader button.

Diane Wetterlin said...

Well - we didn't ask - just did and, if a problem arose, we'd plead for forgiveness!